Defining business requirements is a critical first step in the systemic process of creating high-impact learning and performance-improvement solutions, and it also guides selection of the metrics to be used as the ultimate measure of success for those investments.
In this workshop you will learn to follow a proprietary methodology used by Productivity Dynamics over the past two decades when partnering with major corporations such as IBM, Oracle, and Corning to define business requirements and prepare a case for creating learning and performance improvement solutions that meet business requirements. The workshop will be facilitated by a seasoned practitioner who has served as a consultant to major corporations and public sector organizations.
Upon completion of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of a systems approach for creating high-impact learning and performance improvement solutions in support of an organization’s business objectives
- Define business, performance, and competency requirements in support of a business strategy
- Identify metrics for measuring the business impact of behavioral changes created by learning and performance improvement solutions
- Articulate a case for creating learning and performance improvement solutions that meet business requirements
Approximately three weeks after the workshop, you will have a chance to meet and consult with the workshop facilitator and other participants in a two-hour Webinar. You and other participants will be able to ask questions, share successes and barriers to applying what you learned in the workshop, and get valuable hands-on advice for your work.
During the workshop, through hands-on collaborative learning activities, you will explore real-world cases and learn:
- To use a framework for defining business, performance, and learning requirements
- To use tools (such as Challenge Wheel, Strategy-Challenge Map, Business Value Chain)
- How other practitioners have used the framework to create high-impact learning and performance improvement solutions
- To recognize challenges and best practices when using the methodology